7.6.10

the almost runner

life quote Pictures, Images and Photos
Today was about relaxation, anticipation, friendship, and appointments.
The day started with a nice little breakfast at the coffee shop on the square. I read my new favorite book about injury prevention. [Apparently this is one of the few scenarios in my life where complete perfection is present--to those of you who have read my previous post.]
*
I had a lovely chat at a friend's house. [;)] Then I had to move on to my doctor's appointment. My fracture is healing, which means I can take off my cast/boot. However, the full recovery time is primarily 6-8 weeks for a fracture, and I have had the boot on only 4. I will be able to run again on July first. I have signed up and been approved to attend a cross country camp held the last week of July, and my doctor, who helps run the camp, said I shall be able to attend still. Please keep me in your prayers! I've made a new resolution to not just run for myself, but to really run for God. [Chariots of Fire comes to mind.]
*
-Mel

2 comments:

miss_lep said...

I like your little picture on the top. When I read blogs I keep thinking of Julia and Julie! I came across that actual blog by the way. :)

The Girl Next Door said...

July 1st...hang in there melissa! it's coming!! and don't go breaking or fracturing anything else. ;) lol
anyway, i am so happy that you will be able to run again. i know how much you love running and that it is you're passion. <3 i like how you said that you're not just going to run for yourself, but for God. :) and how cool that you are going to be doing a cross country camp!! how exciting!! that has your name written all over it! lol definitely your kind of thing :)))
love you meli !
-ashley