8.6.09

a reason to sing


Yesterday our youth worship band played our last two songs, and they went considerably well. I chose to play my flute this week instead of my guitar. We presented our versions of: You Reign and Here I am to Worship.

Lauren officially graduated and received her high school diploma. I had to play for the band, so the view wasn't fantastic as I was on the floor instead of up on the bleachers. It was cold in the gym with my dress on, but some cake and warm weather outside afterwards made up for it.

A missionary couple from our church came to speak to our youth group since a few of us are going on mission trips this summer. Apparently they spoke to the congregation earlier, but we had to leave early due to the graduation ceremony, so it was nice to still talk with them and have a chance to ask any questions we had.

*
Today marked my first day of driver's education. The room was stuffy with no ventilation, and the smell along with the wooden floors reminded me of my old dance studio. However, ballet arts academy was hardly this cramped. There was two tables of which were completely filled up by the time class had begun. In fact, one girl had to sit at a single desk. While I didn't expect it to be invigorating and exciting, it was much more bland then I had perceived. Afterwards I filed down the stairs with a headache, which is uncommon for me, but I blame it on the stuffiness.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cute picture! You did a fabulous job yesterday and I could hear your flute loud and clear. It gave such a happy, lilting sound to the songs. Good job! I would love to hear you play more. I know a worship leader you could talk to about that....:-)

Love,
Mrs. G

love stRuckk said...

Awee I love the photo and I havent been on here in soo long sorry we havent talked in a while but ya no boundries by Kris Allen is one of my favorite songs :) great choice