30.1.10

DC: 17th-22nd

And God was in Washington D.C.!
Lets start at the beginning: I couldn't believe my friend whom I had met in Columbus was there! She is a strong believer whom believes in the same as me: spiritual gifts, speaking in tongues, evangelism, and she is outgoing. I guess you could say another twin I have found! We talked a lot, and prayed. It was fantastic.
I went with a school organization based on leadership: this organization splits Ohio into 6 different regions of which participants can run for 7 offices, Dawn (my friend) and I were presidents for our separate regions.
4 of the 6 regional officers were allowed to lay a wreath at the tomb of the unknown solider, and two of us had to instead give a speech at awards night. Dawn and I let the other 4 lay the wreath. One night while we were talking about the speeches I suggested that we combine our speech with the theme past/present/future in reflection to our week. It was a hit--we bounced off of each other paragraphs intertwining and blossoming. Even with the mistakes we had accidentally interjected God had let those looking up at us saw good morals and characteristics. In fact the last morning prior to traveling one of the advisors came up to Dawn and I and said, "I have a son and I hope and pray that he finds a young lady like one of you who has such good character." I was thinking, 'WOW God, this entire trip wasn't some God-fest, I had gotten discouraged, but you allowed people to really see YOU in ME.'
Also there were a few contests there including an interview contest which Dawn won. I had opted to enter the speech contest and my jaw went to the floor when my name was called up saying I had won it! In later talking to other people on the trip I couldn't stop talking about God. One boy I had talked to, who others had told me was shy--he wasn't around me (:, we were simply talking about music. Later that night he prayed in front of everyone for our dinner. And, my jaw most certainly dropped! His prayer was humbling and beautiful. I started crying.
What amazed me is that this was NOT a Christ-centered organization, but God was so prevalent throughout the week and really showed himself strong and TRUE!
I will be posting a picture a day or so depending on how much I can get on...(:
My passion is like crazy right now for God, and I already have had a few trials come up that I was really tested in. But, God is really reveling himself and showing me that there is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
-Miss Organic Lady

2 comments:

Hanna said...

My petticoats are dry now!!!! Yipee! *lol*

I know what you mean about meeting new people just like you. I lately have been encountering other girls alot like me who write and ride. Two are girls I met on a homeschooling sight and one is actually the girl (Anna) who is riding in the video on my blog.

It's amazing the people that God will put in your path!

Love ya! - Piglet

miss_lep said...

yay you have returned to the blogging world! hehe. cool stuff you have here.