10.12.09

late nights

So, tonight is one of those nights. You just plain can't get to sleep; that's me. I took a nap earlier, and now I'm bubbling with inspiration. My newest thing is documentaries. I'm taking this class at my school called 'interactive multimedia.' We learn how to use cameras, film, do news segments, speeches, and we enter contests. Its really great! The last project I just completed was a silent film, and it was really funny. If you want to see it sometime, come over. (: Now, I'm working on my first armature documentary. I'm really into it. This summer I'm hoping to do another mission trip, or just some traveling. I want to make documentaries of my travels. Film is a great world. So powerful, and God can use it in such amazing ways. That's my hope in these projects. I want to inspire other believers and non-believers to get out there and change the world.
I've been thinking lately about last year. For anyone who I hurt and haven't yet apologized, or if I already apologized: sorry again. Sorry, as my one friend put it: is such an overused word. and he's right I think, but forgiveness isn't an overused word. and thank goodness! Friendship is more than just what you can get out of it, or pounding people with all of your problems. Friendship is the excitement of the relationship. Being there for the other person through there faults and encouraging them through the rough stages. In the end you find that maturity is an ongoing process and that you'll have more acquaintances then friends.
I've been setting more time aside for God, and less for condemnation. That's one of the things I struggle with: condemnation. Even if what I do isn't AT ALL bad, the devil likes twisting the story, causing me to see things in a warped perspective. Not saying that I don't make mistakes (because I sure make a lot) but when you become bitter against yourself and those around you, tell me how God can truly TRANSFORM you and work in your life. Why wait for tomorrow to come around when you can make a change today?
'my soul glorifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.'
At youth group we were given an assignment to explore the history of the Pharisees and Sadducees. It was fascinating! I was one of the few that did it, and when I get around to posting next I will share the answer, since those who didn't do it last week are to do it for this coming Sunday. Now, I was given a personal assignment to explore the 400 silent years, the time between the old testament and the new. This is also interesting, though I haven't gone too in depth with it yet. This is just the kind of stuff I really enjoy. While I'm reading verses on such topics, God shows me verses that I REALLY NEED to hear!
So here is my re-entrance into the blog world. How I missed sharing my heart to the world. (:
Miss organic lady.

3 comments:

miss_lep said...

glad you called me tonight! Great laughs for sure :D I'll keep u posted on anymore funny happenings!

Jen said...

Love the post! I saw one of your news spots online - not even sure how I came across it - and it was really good!

Such good thoughts on the perspective stuff. I struggle with that - worrying if I have upset people, if they are angry with me, etc. The Lord has been gracious in walking me through that and showing me freedom from the condemnation. Conviction is good! Condemnation is bad!

Love - Mrs. G

Hanna said...

Tigger! My petticoats are soaking... *lol*

TTYL, dear - Piglet