5.7.10

runner girl: july 3rd run

my blog up until this point has been more of a journal style---this shall be renovated. As most of my current readers know, I am recently recovering and in the healing process from a gnarly fracture in my left ankle. I have began to jot down my thoughts in my runners world blog (http://www.runnersworld.com/community/persona/index.jsp?plckPersonaPage=PersonaBlog&plckUserId=1000010000225301&UID=1000010000225301) but, I am also going to be posting some days on this blog.

here's my journal entry for my saturday run:

Today I ran alone. Another early morning. I was super sore from weightlifting and resistance squats of the previous morning. My ankle continued to throb a little. I think I was in denial at first, but undoubtably its my bone. It was probably the same pain levely as last time I ran but about a half-n-hour after I stopped I felt a lot more directed pain. The icing definitely helps.
Later in the dat my ankle had swelled, and had a bit of a burning sensation. I resolved this by icing, which helped a lot. During the day I've made sure I wear running shoes during the day for the extra support.

~R U N. (:

6 comments:

Jen said...

I always like how you write here - mixing up your thoughts and life stuff altogether. I will continue to pray for your ankle. Good for you continuing to work out and stay healthy!

Lvoe - Mrs. G

runnergirl© said...

AWE! (:
well I'm happy that even though you have stopped 'blogging' you are still keeping up with my blog. (: and life for that matter! I will miss you, but at least you'll get updated.

-mel

Jen said...

It is amazing how much I am getting done now that I am not blogging! So far, I do not miss it. That feels weird to me!

The Girl Next Door said...

Runner Girl!

That really stinks the pain you have to go through with your ankle. :( I hope in time as you run more and more it will get better and better. :) are you planning on running any races??

Lisa said...

Hi Sweetie, I'm going to try to start reading blogs again. You're at the top of my list! I'm so sorry your ankle is still giving you trouble. I will be praying. I love all your pictures.

I'm blogging again too so stop by when you get a chance.

Love, Mrs. K

Uzair said...

Hi check out my blog amd follow it......Here's the link:
http://uzairazed.blogspot.com