3.3.10

the sun will indeed rise

Typography Pictures, Images and Photos
Today is a brand new day! That was the first thing that went through my mind when I woke up this morning. And tomorrow is going to be better-that was my most recent thought. (-:
*
Today I didn't go to school---I wasn't feeling too good, but I used it to boost my morale and get some reading and studying done. I'm currently working on my French project due later in the month, and I'm doing another song. I love music, and languages, so combining the two is just an obvious answer. I've finished all of the words and now to finishing the rest of my 'rough draft' I have to turn in.
*
My newest endeavor is learning bass guitar. My mum suggested if I wanted to learn a new instrument that it would be a good choice as most worship teams are always needing one. My youth leader showed me some pointers and will be working with me as he plays for our church's worship team.
*
I've been reading: All Quiet on the Western Front (home schoolers: recommended by sonlight!) Its written in the perspective of a German solider and how the war affects/affected him. Interestingly enough the author is French. Our teacher gave us a choice of anti-war novels, and I chose this one because of my German heritage. While I wouldn't have normally chosen something like this, I recommend it, and am enjoying it. It sometimes does get complicated because of the translating mishaps, but other than that, its grand.
*
Miss organic lady.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the book tip. I will check it out!

Love that you are working on bass! Having you play with your mom on guitar was such a treat and I hope to hear you much, much more.

Missed you all yesterday. Give my love to the fam!

Mrs. G

voice of da silence said...

Today is a brand new day.... its realy nice to get up early morning with such kind of thoughts missing up ur mind which makes me wonder what was my first thought today so mine was (i hope its warm today) cause i live in canada and its freakin cold here but for the last few days it was nice not warm but u know acceptable. so today its not warm but at least sunny and u can have a nice walk :D

Anonymous said...

Indeed the sun has risen:)

Mammy

The Girl Next Door said...

wow it's been awhile since i've checked a blog :)

it's so cool that ur learning bass guitar! how exciting! i can't wait til u start playing for youth worship!

i've never read that book. sounds very interesting. maybe i'll try it sometime :D

luv u meli!

-ash